I’m Rosie Sherry. I currently spend my time working on building up community and products for the software testing industry.
This includes running the Software Testing Club, a community of software testers. Producing The Testing Planet, bring awesome-ness content to software testers. The Ministry of Testing – software testingevents and learning opportunities. And last, but not least, creating a community of freelance software testers over at Test Ninjas.
I love the web and all the opportunities it brings.
Keywords that describe me: (lean) startups, communities, social web, business strategy, collaboration, coworking and software testing.
I’m married with 3 young kids. One of my biggest drivers is to achieve a work life balance for my family. This isn’t easy.
Some of things I’ve been up to…
- based in Brighton, UK.
- founded and run The Software Testing Club - which also does The Testing Planet, The Ministry of Testing and Test Ninjas.
- running a local Community Managers Meetup.
- Schux – my company – did various consultancy/projects gigs based around using the social web. 2007 – 2010. Decided to stop to focus on my own projects.
- Delivered various training courses on the social web
- Published articles in leading Software Testing magazines
- Awarded Future 100 Young Entreprenuers for my work at Werkshop
- Was Co-Director of Werkshop who run coworking spaces such as The Werks and Lewes Werks. 2007 – 2009. I resigned.
- Founded The Software Testing Club – 2007
- Founded The Brighton Girl Geek Dinners
- Made babies. 2003, 2005 & 2011.
- Worked for various web agencies as a software tester.
- Started life in the tech world as a software tester (2000). Got made redundant in the dot com bust. Went freelance.