I’ve been looking more into taking notes with cards and have come across the concept of Commonplace books, which I like very much! I’ve been working on taking notes on cards anyways, but this gives my efforts another sense of focus.
I plan to use a mixture of cards, Evernote and my varying websites to log all the things. We shall see how it goes.
Here’s some useful bits that I’ve come across.
“A commonplace book is a central resource or depository for ideas, quotes, anecdotes, observations and information you come across during your life and didactic pursuits. The purpose of the book is to record and organization these gems for later use in your life, in your business, in your writing, speaking or whatever it is that you do.” - Maria Popova
- Everyone Should Keep A Commonplace Book: Great Tips From People Who Do
- Ryan Holiday’s Notecard system
- How and why to keep a commonplace book (Ryan Holiday)
- A new (to me) concept for keeping a notebook.
- Keeping a Commonplace Book