I’ve been reading a few books related to education / unschooling, I thought I would share here just in case it is of interest to anyone:
- Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life - I really enjoyed this one and it really made me consider the benefits of play.
- Playborhood - not strictly about education, but it does talk about the importance of play and community. I’ve been inspired to be more open, improve my front and back garden and also do things locally to me.
- Stop Stealing Dreams - Seth Godin - I’ve had this on my to read list since it came out. It was ok. Kind of repeats what I know, but nice to read from the master Seth.
- Unschooling Rules - a nice quick reading with tips for unschooling
- Dr. Montessori’s Own Handbook: A Short Guide to Her Ideas and Materials - I like the Montessori approach to learning. My older boys went to a Montessori nursery and I plan to send my youngest one to the same one soon. I’d like to learn more and see how I can apply it to what I’m doing.
- Dumbing Us Down - I read this years ago. I must read it again!