One thing about working virtually is that it can be quite hard to know if someone has started on something or what stage they are on a certain project. With The Testing Planet it is a case of managing, editing and creating lots of images and files - very well suited for DropBox.
The handy thing is I get automatic updates of things that are happening. If a new file has been added, edited or removed. It’s quite handy because I can then know:
- who else is involved in the reviewing, editing and designing of The Testing Planet
- if articles are being submitted (or not!)
- articles are being edited
- when new images have been created
- the progress of the publication as a whole
And all of this without actually sending emails or chatting with anyone. I can just see it all happening.
Thomas Harvey called it Drop Box Stalking. I like that term 🙂