Life changes sometimes. You think you want something. Then you realise you don’t or things aren’t quite working out. The challenge is to identify that life isn’t quite the way you want it and change it. Or pivot.
This is what we felt a year ago. We pivoted to make a change in our lives. It’s not happening over night, but we are slowly making changes towards a happier life.
I’ve done a lot in the past year and none of it is what I would have predicted.
What have we done?
- stopped trying to do too much for little or no reward
- resigned all responsibility from Werkshop / Lewes Werks
- stopped all consultancy through Schux
- focused purely on my own projects
- ditched our boys previous school
- decluttered our house and put everything into storage
- left Lewes/Brighton/Sussex
- had planned to go to US, but a 6 month visa attempt was declined and stopped us going at all - boo.
- went travelling to Spain in a camper for 3 months
- decided to come back to the UK for Christmas, chose Cambridge cause it seemed nice and needed a change
- boys started new school which has completely transformed them as li’l Sherry’s
- was pregnant throughout most of this
- had a rough pregnancy
- had a lovely new baby boy to add to the family
- Blimey, I keep wondering to myself. How did we end up here?
We didn’t plan all of this. I still look back and wonder how we got to where we are = which is basically a happier place. I wished I could have blogged all experiences along the way, but some things are best left unsaid.
We made some conscious changes as a family to work towards what will make us happy. And we didn’t realise it at the time, but so many things feel so right now and falling naturally into place…destiny ‘n’ all that in a cheesy kind of way.
Now we have reflected and it is time to pivot again. A new phase in Rosie Land 🙂