With all this social, collaboration and community focused stuff going on it’s easy to wonder why people contribute their precious time without any upfront cost.
- Why do something for free when you could be making money - or spending it on something you don’t really need.
- Why would you want to contribute to your (local) community when you don’t have to?
- It’s easier to moan (as us Brits do) about stuff rather than getting up off your arse and do something about it.
- It’s someone elses job to do *that*…
- If you want something to change - you need to do something about it.
- It’s not about self promotion, but it’s ok and possible for people to be selfish act in their own interest and beliefs. Afterall, it is this what drives people and makes them passionate to make a difference. Time is precious, why would we spend our spare time on something we didn’t care about?
- In leading a life of action over consumption.
- Communities have been neglected and people are beginning to miss being part of one (even if they never have).