I attended an event on reputation management with Julia Chanteray last night where apart from some great tips on how to manage our reputation we were asked to tell the group what we want people to know us for. I thought it would be an ideal opportunity for me to log where I am now and what I want to be.
I want to be known as:
- a community builder
- being focused on socially responsible business (e.g. ethical and social enterprise)
- a changemaker
- supportive and understanding to people around me
- determined to make my projects a success
This is because:
- money has never been a driving factor for me, however deep down inside I want to be a millionaire just so that I can be *the secret millionaire*
- some things are seriously messed up and I want to change some of it – much of it is based around local community, work-life-family imbalance (this is where coworking and other initiatives come into place) and education (working towards this with events with Werkshop)
- I find it really tough to manage the things I do in my work, family and social life. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. It should be easier, I want to make it easier. For myself and others around me.
This is my statement and I hope the people around me will help make this happen. I know it cannot be done on my own.